Happy Halloween! If you feel like us there has been a lot of build up to today! We hope you are doing something festive–or that you have already done something festive during this month. If you are looking for a little something to take to a Halloween party tonight or just something to munch on while you hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, we have you covered.
MONSTER MUNCH–by none other then Our Best Bites.
- 1 package Almond Bark (1 lb)
- 12 C popped popcorn (about 1/2 C kernels)
- 1 C candy corn
- 1 C dry roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 C Reese’s Pieces
- Pop popcorn and place in a large bowl. Much larger than you think you need. The largest you have. It will make mixing easier! Pour peanuts, candy corn, and Reese’s Pieces on top. Take a large knife and break up almond bark. Melt according to package directions. I just chop it up a little and microwave it in intervals until smooth and melted.
- Pour over popcorn mixture.
- Stir until everything is well coated and then spread out onto waxed paper, parchment, or foil. Let sit until completely dry and then break up into clumps.
Grandma Anderson’s Popcorn Balls:
2 c. Whipping Cream
2 c. Sugar
1 c. Dark Karo Syrup
1/4 tsp. Salt
Boil until soft ball stage. Pack into a ball. Wrap in clear plastic wrap.
*Our grandma had a note on the bottom of her recipe card that says, “Cook enough popcorn to fill a cold pack cooker a little over half full”. So…use that tip if you wish 🙂